Ladies and gentlemen, the world has a new best restaurant — El Celler de Can Roca in Girona, Spain.
Helmed by chef Joan Roca, El Celler unseated the 2014 best restaurant, Noma, during Monday's announcement of The World's 50 Best Restaurants.
The three-Michelin-starred restaurant takes the title for the second time in World's 50 Best history; it was also No. 1 in 2013.
Roca owns El Celler along with his two brothers, Josep (sommelier) and Jordi (pastry chef). The brothers, who grew up working in their mother's restaurant nearby, opened El Celler in 1986. Their cuisine ranges from "pork disguised as fish" to "puddings that pulsate," and it's said that the wait for a table is so long that three staffers are dedicated solely to declining reservation requests.
Published by Restaurant magazine and co-sponsored by S. Pellegrino and Acqua Panna, the 2015 World's 50 Best Restaurants List was celebrated with an awards ceremony at London's Guildhall.
The list is determined by a jury of 972 chefs, critics, and food-world luminaries. Each juror votes for the seven best restaurants that they've dined at in the past 18 months.
Noma — the best restaurant in the world for four out of the past five years — clocked in at No. 3 this year, with Italy's Osteria Francescana sitting just above it at No. 2.
Down one rung from the No. 4 slot last year, New York's Eleven Madison Park was the top-ranking North American restaurant on the list. Also making a strong showing for New York was Eric Ripert's Le Bernardin at No. 18, Dan Barber's Blue Hill at Stone Barns on the list for the first time ever at No. 49, and the affable Daniel Boulud accepting the Diners Club Lifetime Achievement Award.
Here's a full list of the 2015 World's 50 Best Restaurants:
50. The French Laundry, Yountville, California
49. Blue Hill at Stone Barns, Tarrytown, New York
48. Schloss Schauenstein, Furstenau, Switzerland
47. Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athenee, Paris, France
46. Restaurant Andre, Singapore
45. Relae, Copenhagen, Denmark
44. Maido, Lima, Peru
42. Boragó, Santiago, Chile (TIE)
42. Tickets Bar, Barcelona, Spain (TIE)
41. Mani, Sao Paulo, Brazil
40. Per Se, New York, New York
39. Quique Dacosta, Denia, Spain
38. Amber, Hong Kong, China
37. Restaurante Biko, Polanco, Mexico
36. L'Astrance, Paris, France
35. Quintonil, Polanco, Mexico
34. Le Calandre, Rubano, Italy
33. Aqua, Wolfsburg, Germany
32. Attica Restaurant, Melbourne, Australia
31. Restaurant Frantzén, Stockholm, Sweden
30. Restaurant Vendôme, Bergisch Gladbach, Germany
29. Nihonryori RyuGin, Tokyo, Japan
28. The Test Kitchen, Cape Town, South Africa
27. Piazza Duomo, Alba, Italy
26. Alinea, Chicago, Illinois
25. Fäviken, Järpen, Sweden
24. Ultraviolet by Paul Pairet, Shanghai, China
23. White Rabbit, Moscow, Russia
22. Nahm, Bangkok, Thailand
21. Le Chateaubriand, Paris, France
20. The Ledbury, London, UK
19. Azurmendi, Larrabetzu, Spain
18. Le Bernardin, New York, New York
17. Arzak, San Sebastián, Spain
16. Pujol, Mexico City, Mexico
15. Restaurant Steirereck, Vienna, Austria
14. Astrid y Gaston, Miraflores, Peru
13. Asador Etxebarri, Atxondo, Spain
12. L'Arpege, Paris, France
11. Mirazur, Menton, France
10. Gaggan, Bangkok, Thailand
9. D.O.M., São Paulo, Brazil
8. Narisawa, Tokyo, Japan
7. Dinner by Heston Blumenthal Restaurant, London, UK
6. Mugaritz, San Sebastián, Spain
5. Eleven Madison Park, New York, New York
4. Central Restaurante, Lima, Peru
3. Noma, Copenhagen, Denmark
2. Osteria Francescana, Modena, Italy
1. El Celler de Can Roca, Girona, Spain
下篇 【中英文】“Excuse me”和“Sorry”的区别是什么？如何正确的使用？