I would rather stay at home alone. 我宁愿独自呆在家。 |
Oh, how nice. Sorry, I've got to go now. 那真好。对不起,我必须得走了。 |
Wet behind the ears. 乳臭未干。 |
It’s your turn. 轮到你了。 |
Give me a break. 饶了我吧。 |
The first step is the only difficulty. 迈出第一步是最艰难的。 |
I am too tired to speak. 我累得说不出活来。 |
Betty and Susan are talking on the telephone.贝蒂和苏珊正在通电话。 |
You made me feel ashamed of myself. 你让我感到羞愧。 |
谦虚者常思己过,骄傲者只论人非。 A modest man frequently ponders over his mistakes; a conceited man only gossips about other's errors. |
应以德报德。 One good turn deserves another. |
下个月她就满15了。 She's going to be 15 next month. |
人没有想象力,犹如天文台没有望远镜。 The soul without imagination is what an observatory would be without a telescope. |
慢慢来。 Take your time. |
渡河要挑最浅处。/从易处着手. Cross the stream where it is shallowest. |
不会偶尔装傻的人算不得聪明。 He is not a wise man who cannot play the fool on occasion. |
他已决定辞去他的工作。 He's made up his mind to quit his job. |
我们为什么听到有人诞生就欢喜,看到有人出殡就悲伤呢?因为诞生和死亡的是别人。 Why is it that we rejoice at a birth and grieve at a funeral? It is because we are not the person involved. |
决定人之苦乐的不是地点,也不是环境,而是思想 It is not the place,nor the condition,but the mind alone that can make anyone happy or miserable. |
pit n. 坑;凹部;修理站 |
scoop n. 勺,铲子;独家新闻v. 挖,掘 |
module n. 组件,模块,模件;(航天器的)舱 |
facility n. (pl.)设备,设施;灵巧,熟练 |
imminent a. 迫近的,紧迫的 |
criterion n. 判断的标准(pl. ria) |
bear sth.(sb.) out 证实 |
tangle n./v. 缠结;混乱(交通) |